Skip to main content
Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- No food or liquid in any form from midnight the evening before surgery (even gum, hard candy, lozenges or water).
- Patient must be accompanied by an adult driver (18 years or older) and the driver must stay the entire time you are at Susquehanna Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery. Patients under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Drivers are asked to remain in the waiting room during the surgery.
- No smoking after midnight prior to surgery.
- Do not wear contact lenses.
- No facial (chin, lip, tongue, ear, nose, eyebrow, etc.) piercings or jewelry may be worn.
- No make-up or nail polish may be worn.
- No perfume or cologne may be worn.
- Dress in something loose, comfortable and warm. Wear a short-sleeved shirt and long pants (preferably not white).
- No sandals, flip-flops, slip on shoes, slippers or shoes with high heels. Tennis shoes / sneakers are ideal.
- Patients with asthma should bring their rescue inhaler to surgery.
- Patient must have continuous adult supervision following surgery for the remainder of the day.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Boyle prior to your surgical date for instructions.